Rely on Some Great Tips from Gold Coast Florist in Southport
As a dedicated Florist in Southport, we do our utmost to always deliver exquisite gifts and wonderful bouquets, fresh and fragrant, right on time. The moment of receiving flowers will touch a soft spot in many a person's heart. Knowing this constantly drives us to become even better and to craft more dazzling compositions, but we want to do more.
Tips Regarding Florist in Southport
Throughout our 20 years of experience, we've gathered numerous tips how to make the most of your flowers once you've taken them out of their protective wrapping. Some of these, you may already know. Others are bound to surprise you.
- Always keep vases dry and clean. When storing them, place them upside down to ensure they're always completely dry.
- If possible, use only glass vases. You can put these safely into your dishwasher, where the high temperature will make them as clean as possible. Don't use vases in crystal or metal as the water inside will get ‘dirty’ more quickly.
- Fill your vase with enough water. Right from the tap is ideal, and don't worry if the water's hardness is relatively high. The flowers can take it.
- Cut the stems at an angle. Then they won't be sitting flat on the bottom of your vase. This allows for better water intake. For cutting, use a knife instead of scissors.
- Ensure that leaves don't touch the water, to keep them from rotting.
- Try to find the ideal location for the flowers. They should have enough light. Don't place them in the vicinity of air streams or air conditioning as this will evaporate the water in your vase quicker.
- Never keep fruit near your flowers. Certain fruits such as kiwis, bananas and apples produce ethylene which speeds up the rotting process.
- Remove any dead flowers from the bouquet. Not only are they unattractive, but they spoil the water.
- Refresh the water after six days and retrim the stems.
Tips for Getting More Value out of your Flower Delivery to Southport
We deliver promptly - sometimes even on the same day - to most areas on the Gold Coast. Depending on the destination, there is only a small delivery fee, or none at all.
- Take care that the recipient of the flowers will be at home. While we'll leave your flowers in a safe place until they're collected, the experience of receiving flowers from a smiling courier makes an important difference.
- Fill out the order form completely. Don't forget to use the special delivery instructions field in case you need to add specific information.
- Most florists in Southport deliver flowers from Monday to Friday, but at Gold Coast Florist, you can also count on us on Saturdays. Contact us if you require a flower delivery outside of our usual delivery hours.
At Gold Coast Florist, you can count on 20 years of experience supplying beautiful fresh flowers from local suppliers for any special occasion.
Should you still have questions regarding our flower deliveries or our bouquets and gifts, do give us a call on 07 5574 7826 or use our contact form. We'll help you as quickly as possible.